Wednesday 24 July 2013

TRANS-TASMAN

A couple of weeks back I had the opportunity to take my training off shore! Melbourne to be precise. I spent a week at the National Centre for Synchrotron Science to conduct a series of tests for my PhD studies. 

A Synchrotron, for those who are interested, is a type of cyclic particle accelerator. It guides particles using a magnetic field and synchronises, or focuses them to create a beam. It basically allows us to fire particles at stuff, to see how both the particles and the stuff reacts. 

Beamtime!





The work load associated with my PhD has been ramping up lately; making training a bit tough at times; but in this particular case it meant I could train whilst exploring some fantastic locations on the outskirts of the city! 
So pretty!! and not exactly what I had pictured when I thought of training in Melbs!




Aside from the odd from the occasional winter sniffle, my training is still on track. Now that we are on our way out of the winter months, I am looking forward to notching up a few more local events as I continue my preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment