Wednesday 4 September 2013

SEVEN WEEKS...

I thought I would do a quick update on the sponsorship I have received recently. The awesome support from my sponsors helps to provide me with all the equipment I need, to train as hard as I can, leading up to the World Champs (only 7 weeks away ?! eeek!)
Just recently, I have been given a new pair of Asics runners and two running tops from Smiths Sport Shoes Tauranga, a new team race suit and t-shirt from Lysaght Consultants Ltd, and a six month gym membership from Ocean Blue Fitness, which I am able to sell in order to raise funds to get me to World Champs.


My major sponsor, Lysaght Consultants Ltd, have also recently given me $1500 towards triathlon gear and getting to Hawaii. This will be a massive help, and I am so thankful for their generosity.


As a bit of a 'thank-you' to Lysaght Consultants, I baked up a storm (with help from Mum!) and delivered morning tea to the team.


Afghans, Lemon tarts and good old sausage rolls….mmmmmmm. True athlete’s food ;) They were stoked!

I will also be providing some swim coaching to some of the staff at Lysaght Consultants. The company enters a number of teams (made up of their employees) into local events during the season. Therefore a couple of the guys are looking to improve their swimming techniques to increase the companies chances of taking out some of the corporate events. Hopefully I will be able to pass on some tips and get a good session in with these guys! 

First swim session with the Lysaght's crew will be this Monday (9th of September), bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment